Dr. Susan Schwartz is continuing to provide employment and interview coaching for aspiring teachers and leaders (check out her BLOG). She is also supporting writers with editing and self-publishing and will be available in the spring of 2023. She is currently helping her daughters, Marnie and Rena Schwartz, with their transformational nonfiction self-help memoir What's Your ViBE?
Susan was a teacher educator/course instructor in the 2-year Master of Teaching Program at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto. Her research and doctoral work focused on portfolios, reflective practice, and leadership. She taught Additional Qualification courses at York and Queen’s Universities, including Teaching Writing, Primary/Junior Education, Primary Basic, and Reading, and when she was in the principal role, she was part of a group of ten administrators and faculty at York University who re-conceptualized the Principal’s Qualification Program (PQP). She co-taught the PQP for a number of years, as well as piloted a partial online PQP program.
- CREATING THE DYNAMIC CLASSROOM: A Handbook for Teachers, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Editions (with accompanying website), with Mindy Pollishuke (Pearson Canada)
- Retelling, Relating, Reflecting: Beyond the 3 R’s, with Maxine Bone
- Creating the Child-centred Classroom, with Mindy Pollishuke
- All Write: A Teacher’s Guide to Writing
- Principals as role models, in The literacy principal: Leading, supporting, and assessing reading and writing initiatives (2nd ed.), (Pembroke Publishing), pp.104-108.
- Leadership Voices, in The literacy principal: Leading, supporting, and assessing reading and writing initiatives, (Pembroke Publishing), pp. 117-119.